This classic chicken enchiladas recipe offers a healthy meal that everyone in your house will love. No deprived mouths at this table.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 12 8-inch tortillas
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 10 3/4 oz. can reduced fat, reduced sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces low-fat sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 4 ounce can chopped green chilies
- 4 cups chopped, cooked, skinless, chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small skillet sauté onion in oil. In a mixing bowl stir together cream cheese, water, cumin, black pepper and salt.
- Stir in cooked onion and chicken into cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until softened. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla.
- Roll up the tortillas and place seam side down on a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- To make sauce, combine soup, sour cream, milk, and green chilies; pour over enchiladas.
- Bake the enchiladas covered in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle the enchiladas with cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Makes 12 enchiladas.
Serving Size 1 enchilada