This curried split pea soup has many spices and unique flavors that will make this your new favorite healthy soup!
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Grated fresh frozen gingers
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 1.5 lb Calabaza (or other winter) squash, peeled and cut into 1” chunks
- 2 cup Yellow split peas (or green) (pick over and rinse)
- 1/3 cup Raisins
- 6 cups Water
- 1 Tbsp Curry powder (can use more)
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- ¾ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Bay leaf
- Sautee onion and ginger in oil
- Stir in remaining ingredients
- Pressure cooker: lock lid, bring to high pressure and cook for 10 minutes. Natural pressure release.
- Standard soup pot: cook for 30 minutes.
Serving Size 1 out of 8 servings