These pumpkin muffins are not just for Halloween. They have a wonderful comforting flavor that are the perfect way to start your day!
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup Packed dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp Molasses
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 cup Canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk, OR ¾ cup fat free milk mixed with 1 tsp white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl milk together the milk and vinegar, set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, molasses, oil and egg s and whisk well. Whisk in the pumpkin, milk mixture, and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture. Stir until just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Serving Size 1 out of 12 servings