This flavorful romaine fruit salad is unique and very healthy! A quick recipe for lunch or a light dinner. This romaine fruit salad will leave you satisfied, but not overly full.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or salad oil
- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Red onion, thinly sliced and rings separated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups torn romaine lettuce
- In a jar, combine the oil, vinegar, water, salt and garlic.
- Cover and shake until well blended.
- Chill until serving time.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine and leaf lettuce.
- Add mandarin oranges, strawberries and as much onion as desired.
- When ready to serve, pour the dressing over top of the salad, toss to coat.
- Makes 6 servings.
Serving Size 1 out of 6 servings