This unique and healthy recipe will make you a delicious meal! Stuffed cabbage rolls are something a little different than ordinary.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt pepper (as desired)
- 6 large cabbage leaves
- 1 cup low-sodium tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- Combine egg, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onion, milk and mix well. Add ground beef and cooked rice, beat together with a fork.
- Immerse cabbage leaves in boiling water for 3 minutes or just until limp. Drain. Place 1/2 cup meat mixture on each cabbage leaf, fold in sides and roll ends over meat.
- Place rolls in a baking dish.
- Blend tomato juice, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Pour over cabbage rolls. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Makes 6 servings.
Serving Size 1 out of 6 servings