This recipe is a crowd pleaser, and a healthy meal that will feed many! Sweet and sour chicken is a great source of protein for the entire family.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup carrots, sliced like coins
- 1 8-ounce can unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skilled over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until chicken is browned.
- Add green pepper, carrots, onion and garlic, and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Combine broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar, sherry and ginger; stir well.
- Add broth mixture and pineapple to skillet, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute or until mixture is thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Serve over rice.
- Makes 8 servings
Serving Size 1 out of 8 servings